IOE MS students may participate on MDP teams for 4 credits of Directed Study (this counts toward the degree maximum of 6).
Standard enrollment Plan: IOE Students earning Directed Study credit on an MDP Project
|Winter semester||Fall semester|
|ENGR 599 (2 credit hours)||ENGR 599 (2 credit hours)|
- This is 2 semester requirement and is “Y” graded for the first term. The letter grade earned in December will count for all credit hours for the year.
- If students wish to utilize IOE 590 for 3 credits, then
- Students must seek special written permission from the MDP Faculty Mentor
- Students are required to have an IOE co-advisor (if the faculty mentor is not from IOE)
- Following the standard IOE 590 requirements Students must submit a one-page proposal describing the project and the project deliverables. The IOE faculty member must sign-off on this document before the student may register.
- Students will enroll in 1 credit of ENGR 599 in the Winter Semester and 3 credits of IOE 590 in the following Fall Semester.
(ARCHIVE) The following 2018 MDP projects were pre-approved by the IOE department to earn Directed Study credit:
- Denso Human Factor Study: Driver Behavior Recognition
- DMS Material Handling Optimization Project
- Northrop Grumman Opioid Epidemic & Readmission Analytics
- ProQuest Improve Drug Safety through Deep Learning
- Union Pacific Cost and Profitability System Design