Applications for the 2020 Multidisciplinary Design Program projects are now closed. Positions are open to first year undergraduate through professional Master's students from all schools & colleges. These are 2-semester projects that begin in January 2020 and run through December.
See below for more details on how to apply.
1. Browse available MDP projects. (All)
2. Meet with your Academic Advisor.
Make a plan and meet with your home Department's Academic Advisor. All projects require a minimum of two semesters to give you enough time to dive deep into the Engineering design process. Click here to see your department's academic policy for MDP
- Faculty Research Teams require 2 credit hours per semester (Undergraduate and Graduate) and last multiple years.
- Sponsored Projects require Undergraduate Students to enroll in 7 credit hours split across two terms (3/4 or 4/3)
- Sponsored Projects require Graduate Students to enroll in 4 credit hours split across two terms (2/2)
3. Attend an Application Help Session (optional!)
Have MDP staff member review your resume + personal statement. Ask any lingering questions you have about applying or our MDP projects.
Walk-in Peer Advisor Hours: Weekdays 1:30 - 3:30 pm
Or see here for Application Help Schedule.
4. Application deadline: Sunday, October 13 (11:59 pm)
- Note: this is the Sunday of Fall Break!
- Plan ahead to submit your materials well before 11:59 pm.
5. What's on the application?
- You will upload your resume one time. (File Size Max: 350MB)
- For each team you indicate on the application, you'll write one brief and concise paragraph. See example here. (File Size Max: 350MB)
- Optional: you can also complete one online video-interview per team. Links are in the application, master list here.
- You may apply for as many teams as you like! (Note: each student will only receive one offer to join one project team. No students are guaranteed an offer.)
6. Student offer letters will be sent out between October 28th and December 7th.
Students will receive one offer only to join one team. You will then have 7 days to accept or decline. If you decline an offer, you will not receive another one.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page.