Note: the primary application period has ended (10/14/18, 11:59pm)
All late applications will be considered on an as-needed basis. The Sparkhire Video Interview portal has closed and is not an available feature for late applications.
1. Browse the teams (All)
2. Meet with your Academic Advisor
Make a plan and meet with your home Department's Academic Advisor. All projects require a minimum of two semesters to give you enough time to dive deep into the Engineering design process. Click here to see your department's academic policy for MDP
- Faculty Research Teams require 2 credit hours per semester (Undergraduate and Graduate) and last multiple years.
- Sponsored Projects require Undergraduate Students to enroll in 7 credit hours split across two terms (3/4 or 4/3)
- Sponsored Projects require Graduate Students to enroll in 4 credit hours split across two terms (2/2)
3. Attend a Recruitment Event
Stopping by one of these events will highly improve your chances of securing a spot on a team. Pick whichever event is convenient for you. Lines are generally very, very short. You can visit with multiple team representatives as your schedule allows.Representatives from the Industry and Faculty Research Project teams will be there to discuss the projects with you and answer any of your questions. Drop by one or both of these events to meet the Professionals (and Faculty!) from the teams that interest you. Attire is casual: jeans are fine.
|Preview Night||October 2nd, 2018 6PM - 8 PM||Bob and Betty Beyster Building (BBB)|
|Project Fair||October 3rd, 2018 12PM - 4PM||Duderstadt Center (DUDE)|
4. You may apply for as many teams as you like.
Applying for multiple teams will increase the likelihood of matching successfully to a team. Each student will only receive one offer to join one project team. No students are guaranteed an offer.
5. What's on the application?
- You will upload your resume one time. (File Size Max: 350MB)
- For each team you indicate on the application, you'll write one brief and concise paragraph. See example here. (File Size Max: 350MB)
- Optional: you can also complete one online video-interview per team. Links are in the application, master list here
6. Student offer letters will be sent out between October 28th and December 7th.
Students will receive one offer only to join one team. You will then have 7 days to accept or decline. If you decline an offer, you will not receive another one.