Robotics Master’s students are eligible to earn Robotics Directed Research Credit (ROB 590) on pre-approved MDP Projects.
1. Project must be pre-approved by the Robotics Graduate Chair (click here to see all projects pre-approved for ROB 590).
2. Students must enroll in 3 credit hours of ROB 590, available during the second semester of their project only.
3. Students must successfully complete all requirements of both courses (as outlined by the MDP program and the ROB department).
4. Please see the ROB 590 Directed study information on the Robotics departmental website.
Enrollment Plan: ROB Students earning ROB 590 credit on an MDP Project
|Winter Semester||Fall Semester|
|ENGR 599 (1 credit hour)||ROB 590 (3 credit hours)|
Research Advisor & Proposal Requirements:
(1) For students whose MDP faculty mentor is not an ROB faculty member, the Robotics Graduate Coordinator will provide the Class Permission for their specific ROB 590 section.
(2) Students are responsible for properly submitting their Independent Research Credit proposal, and acquiring approval by posted deadlines.
(3) To meet this requirement and to develop the proposal, students need to extend a portion of the MDP team’s project scope and identify a specific deliverable for the project that is independent from teammates’ effort (though students may reference and cite relevant work from team members).
(4) This scope extension/ROB 590 proposal must have approval from the current MDP Faculty Mentor and the ROB Directed Research Credit advisor on record.