1. Project must be pre-approved by the Robotics Undergraduate Program Chair (click here to see all projects pre-approved for ROB 490).
2. Students must enroll in 4 credit hours of ROB 490, available during the second semester of their project only.
3. Students must successfully complete all requirements of both courses (as outlined by the MDP program and the ROB department).
4. Please see the current Robotics Undergraduate Program Guide on the Robotics departmental website.
Enrollment Plan: ROB students with senior standing earning ROB 490 credit on an MDP Project
|Winter Semester||Fall Semester|
ENGR 355 or 455 (depending on standing)
(4 credit hours)
|ROB 490 (3 credit hours)|
- ROB 490 credit for MDP projects must have either a faculty mentor that can grant ROB 490 credit (e.g., ROB faculty + ROB affiliate faculty) or be a project that is pre-approved for a mentor that is not a ROB faculty member. For students whose MDP faculty mentor is not an ROB faculty member, the Robotics Undergraduate Coordinator will provide the enrollment permissions for their specific ROB 490 section.
- Students are responsible for properly submitting their MDP Directed Study Research Credit proposal, and acquiring approval by posted deadlines.
- To meet this requirement and to develop the proposal, students need to extend a portion of the MDP team’s project scope and identify a specific deliverable for the project that is independent from teammates’ effort (though students may reference and cite relevant work from team members).