IOE undergraduate students on pre-approved MDP Projects are eligible to earn Senior Design substitution on MDP projects.
- Project must contain significant IOE content.
- Project must involve teamwork.
- Project must have a real world client.
- Student must enroll in 4 credit hours of ENGR 455 in the semester that they receive substitution credit.
- Student must have senior standing and have completed all pre-requisites for IOE Senior Design, prior to the semester that they receive substitution credit.
- Student must complete the Tech Comm components within the IOE Senior Design courses: attend the 2 Tech comM lectures (currently Monday evenings), complete the Tech Comm assignments assigned from IOE utilizing their MDP projects (currently 3 assignments), and be graded by Tech Comm faculty (currently Mary Lind). (Please note: IOE Senior Design substitution and lecture attendance occurs during the Fall/second semester of the project.)
- This is 2-semester requirement and is “Y” graded for the first term. The letter grade earned in December will count for all credit hours for the year.
Enrollment Plan: IOE Students earning Senor Design credit on an MDP Project
|Winter semester||Fall semester|
|ENGR 355 (3 credit hours)||ENGR 455 (4 credit hours)|
[ARCHIVE] The following 2019 MDP projects were pre-approved by the ME department to fulfill ME 490 credit:
- DMS Quality: Quality Improvement Team
- Northrop Grumman Predictive Analytics: Using Predictive Analytics to develop better understanding of Opioid Use, Addiction and Treatment
- Parkwhiz: Dynamic Pricing for On-Demand Parking
- Zenuity Pedestrian: Pedestrian HMI Interface Development for Autonomous Vehicle