1. Students who complete any MDP sponsored project will be allowed to use it to satisfy the EE MDE requirement.
(1) However, these students will be required to take an additional 4 credit upper-level EE technical elective beyond the 19 credits currently required chosen from the list given in the EE program guide.
(2) Note that the MDP projects need only offer a Major Design Experience, and students do not need to get (pre- or post-) approval of an EE Program Advisor to receive credit and satisfy the EE MDE requirement.
2. Students must enroll in 4 credit hours of ENGR 455 in the semester that they receive MDE credit.
All MDP projects are two terms: the MDE substitution occurs in the Fall/2nd semester of the project.
3. Student must have Senior standing.
4. Technical Communications 496 AND EECS 496 should be elected concurrently in the semester MDE substitution is made.
Enrollment Plan: EE Student earning MDE credit on an MDP Project
|Winter semester||Fall semester|
|ENGR x55 (3 credit hours)||ENGR 455 (4 credit hours)
+ EECS 496 (2 credit hours)
+ TCHNCLCM 496 (2 credit hours)
Students who do NOT have Senior standing/are otherwise ineligible to earn MDE may be eligible to use ENGR 355 or 455 as Flexible Technical Electives. The ENGR 355 and 455 credits used as Flexible Technical Electives are subject to the Directed Study rule:
Up to 4 credit hours of independent study (EECS 399, EECS 499, ENGR 355, ENGR 455, or other technical department’s independent study courses) may be used as Flexible Technical Electives. The ENGR 455 credits approved to fulfill the Major Design Experience requirement are exempt from this Directed Study Rule.
2019 MDP Partner-Sponsored Projects
- Aptiv: Machine Learning for Audio-Based Interior Sensing for Vehicles
- Axalta: Paint Quality Test Equipment Development
- Bosch: Robust Path Planning for Automated Vehicles
- Dell: Self-Mapping Datacenter for Indoor Positioning System
- General Motors: Optimization of Current Control in Electric Motors
- Isuzu: Autonomous Controls Development for Prototype Electric Vehicle Truck
- Isuzu: Next Generation Engine Technology Implementation
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- Little Caesars: Pizza Party AI – Social Ordering Application Development
- ProQuest: Sentiment Analysis and Machine Learning for Measuring Ensemble Viewpoint Coverage
- ProQuest: Auto-Indexing Medical References using Artificial Intelligence
- Radiant Solutions: Mobile Platform Deployed Synthetic Aperture Radar
- Gameday Mixed Reality
- UTC Aerospace Systems: Surface Navigation Aid for Commercial Aircraft
- Velodyne: A New Computing Language for Hardware Realization of Autonomous Algorithms
- Zenuity: Pedestrian HMI Interface Development for Autonomous Vehicles