1. Students who complete any MDP sponsored project may use it to satisfy the EE MDE requirement.
(1) However, these students will be required to take an additional 4 credit upper-level EE technical elective beyond the 19 credits currently required chosen from the list given in the EE program guide.
(2) If EE students plan to use MDP credit for their MDE, they are encouraged to discuss this with the EE Chief Program Advisor, though this is not required.
2. Students must enroll in 4 credit hours of ENGR 455 in the fall/second semester of the project to receive MDE credit.
3. Student must have Senior standing by the second semester of the MDP project.
4. Technical Communications 496 AND EECS 496 should be elected concurrently in the semester MDE substitution is made.
Enrollment Plan: EE student earning MDE credit on an MDP Project
|Winter Semester||Fall Semester|
|ENGR x55 (3 credit hours)||ENGR 455 (4 credit hours)|
|+ EECS 496 (2 credit hours)|
|+ TCHNCLCM 496 (2 credit hours)|
Click here to see all projects pre-approved for EE MDE (Major Design Experience) substitution.
Students who do NOT have Senior standing/are otherwise ineligible to earn MDE may be eligible to use ENGR 355 or 455 as Flexible Technical Electives. The ENGR 355 and 455 credits used as Flexible Technical Electives are subject to the Directed Study rule:Up to 4 credit hours of independent study (EECS 399, EECS 499, ENGR 355, ENGR 455, or other technical department’s independent study courses) may be used as Flexible Technical Electives. The ENGR 455 credits approved to fulfill the Major Design Experience requirement are exempt from this Directed Study Rule.