Note: the primary application period has ended (10/14/18, 11:59pm)
All late applications will be considered on an as-needed basis.
The Sparkhire Video Interview portal has closed and is not an available feature for late applicants.
MDP utilizes video interview technology to help students showcase their interest and enhance the process of matching students to projects. The video interviewing technology only requires a webcam and a high-speed Internet connection (or smart phone). The process is user friendly and there are clear instructions to guide you through each step.
Completing a video interview is optional, but recommended. You must also apply via the online application link. Video Interviews alone will not be considered.
Please follow the appropriate link to create an account with SparkHire, test your equipment, and get started on your Video Interview.
Each video will take you 2.5 minutes to complete. You can complete the interview now or later. Unlimited retakes.
You will answer 2-3 questions: Brief answers are encouraged. You do not need to fill the entire window of time.
Two projects have additional questions (Beyster BluePath and Backyard Brains)*
- What is your name & major, and when do you plan to graduate? (30 seconds, max)
- Why are you interested in joining this project team? (2 minutes, max)
- An optional question, from the sponsor
The fine print:
- Your video will only be visible to the company’s Engineers/Recruitment team, relevant Faculty, and MDP staff who administer the video interview portal. Your video interview will not be used for any other purposes.
- You may record your video answers via the SparkHire free mobile app (available in iTunes or Google Play) or on a laptop/desktop with a webcam and microphone.
Have questions about the interviews? Please visit our FAQ Page.