Student Program Assistant
About the Multidisciplinary Design Program
The Multidisciplinary Design Program (MDP) provides students engagement opportunities focused on the modern engineering design process in order to better prepare them to take their place in the world as citizen engineers. In addition, the program develops and pilots the pedagogy of effective engineering design process instruction and conducts formal research into student development as engineers. MDP serves about 400 students total, with about 250 in project teams, including Faculty Research Project teams and corporate Partner Sponsored Project Teams.
The position is available starting in August with flexibility in the start date. Workload will be between 10 - 20 hours a week and is flexible in regards to days and time worked. The position is open to qualified upper level, Master's, or PhD level students, with pay rate determined according to experience and level. The position is an hourly paid, temporary position.
- Approximate start date: Jan 5
- Approximate end date: Dec 16
- Number of hours per week: 10-20 hours/week
- Is work study required?: No
The Program Assistant is responsible for assisting with general program management, team records management and other curricular needs. Other tasks assigned based on strengths and skills of the applicant.
- Assists with general program execution
- Check weekly reports for Sponsored Project Teams
- Assist in ENGR 456: Mentorship and Leadership course
- Check periodic assignments for ENGR 456
- Assist with Programming and Event Planning for up to 400 student participants
- May conduct research, possibly resulting in publication
- Other duties as assigned
Must be a qualified Master’s student who is eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to follow a grading rubric
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with students and student teams
- Adaptability/flexibility with work
- Experience planning students events a plus
- Experience with research design and implementation a plus
Please send a resume, and cover letter (which must include a one paragraph description of relevant experience and a list of applicable courses and grades) to Jennifer Carlson: firstname.lastname@example.org.