ECE Master’s students may count all 4 of the credits earned within any pre-approved MDP Partner Sponsored or Faculty Research Team course toward their Cognate + Technical Credit requirement.
For ECE Master’s students interested in having their MDP experience counted toward the Major Area requirement, they may petition for approval – provided their MDP project’s content is appropriate. Petitions must be submitted to the ECE Graduate coordinator no later than the last teaching day of the Fall term in which they are enrolled in the MDP course. Contact the Graduate Coordinator for further information and a petition form.
|Term||Course Enrollment / Actions||Grade end of Winter Term||Grade end of Fall Term|
|Winter semester||ENGR 599, 2 Credit Hours||Grade: “Y” – Placeholder Grade for Winter Term. This converts to a letter grade at the end of the Fall Term.||Letter Grade for ENGR 599, 2 credits placed in the transcript in Winter term|
|Fall semester||ENGR 599, 2 Credit Hours
Petition submitted to ECE Graduate Coordinator no later than the last day of classes.
|Letter Grade for ENGR 599, 2 credits placed in Fall term|
(ARCHIVE) The following 2018 MDP projects were pre-approved by ECE department to fulfill Cognate + Technical Credit:
- Backyard Brains Rainforest Wildlife Recording System
- Beyster BluePath Structure Navigation System for the Visually Impaired
- Denso Virtual Reality Test Drive of Autonomous Vehicle
- Denso Human Factor Study: Driver Behavior Recognition
- HATCI Co-Pilot Drone for Enhanced Vehicle Experience
- MDA Autonomous Mobile Sensor System for Quadcopter
- Northrop Grumman Non Terrestrial Based Printing
- Procter & Gamble New Robot & Cobot Functionality for Manufacturing Systems
- ProQuest Entity Linking for Geographic Data Identification
- Maestro Conducting Simulation
- Stryker Voice-Based Charting for Clinicians
- Faculty Research: Medical Devices for Ophthalmology and Assistive Devices for Visually Impaired