ECE Master’s students may count all 4 of the credits earned within any pre-approved MDP Partner Sponsored or Faculty Research Team course toward their Cognate + Technical Credit requirement.
For ECE Master’s students interested in having their MDP experience counted toward the Major Area requirement, they may petition for approval – provided their MDP project’s content is appropriate. Petitions must be submitted to the ECE Graduate coordinator no later than the last teaching day of the Fall term in which they are enrolled in the MDP course. Contact the Graduate Coordinator for further information and a petition form.
|Term||Course Enrollment / Actions||Grade end of Winter Term||Grade end of Fall Term|
|Winter semester||ENGR 599, 2 Credit Hours||Grade: “Y” – Placeholder Grade for Winter Term. This converts to a letter grade at the end of the Fall Term.||Letter Grade for ENGR 599, 2 credits placed in the transcript in Winter term|
|Fall semester||ENGR 599, 2 Credit Hours
Petition submitted to ECE Graduate Coordinator no later than the last day of classes.
|Letter Grade for ENGR 599, 2 credits placed in Fall term|
The following 2019 MDP projects were pre-approved by ECE department to fulfill Cognate + Technical Credit:
- Aptiv: Machine Learning for Audio-Based Interior Sensing for Vehicles
- Bosch:Robust Path Planning for Automated Vehicles
- Dell: Self-Mapping Datacenter for Indoor Positioning System
- General Motors: Optimization of Current Control in Electric Motors
- Isuzu: Autonomous Controls Development for Prototype Electric Vehicle Truck
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- Little Caesars: Pizza Party AI: Social Ordering Application Development
- Radiant Solutions: Mobile Platform Deployed Synthetic Aperture Radar
- Gameday: Mixed Reality
- UTC Aerospace Systems: Surface Navigation Aid for Commercial Aircraft
- Velodyne: A New Computing Language for Hardware Realization of Autonomous Algorithms
- Zenuity: Pedestrian HMI Interface Development for Autonomous Vehicles