The 2018 MDP Project Offerings are now live and the application is open until October 15, 2017. Click on the 2018 Projects button above to browse all of the project offerings.
1. Review all of the projects that interest you.
2. Be sure you’ll have time in your schedule
Make a plan and meet with your academic advisor. All projects require a minimum of two semesters to give you enough time to dive deep into the Engineering design process and complete 3 major design gates, including Customer Requirements Definition, Concept Selection and Testing & Validation. All projects start in January 2018, and will end in December 2018. You must apply by mid-October 2017 to be considered for a spot on a team
- Faculty Research Project Teams require 2 credit hours per semester (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Partner-Sponsored Projects require 7 credit hours split across two terms (3/4 or 4/3) (Undergraduate)
- Partner-Sponsored Projects require 4 credit hours split across two terms (2/2)** (Graduate)
**In some cases, a student's degree requirements will necessitate 1 credit of ENGR 599 in the Winter semester and 3 credits in the Fall (ex: ME 590).
3. Attend the Project Preview Night (10/3) and/or Project Fair (10/4)
Representatives from the Partner-Sponsored and Faculty Research Project teams will be there to discuss the projects with you and answer any of your questions. Attend one or both of these events to meet the Professionals (and Faculty!) from the teams that interest you. Attire is casual: jeans are fine.
Attending one of these events will highly improve your chances of securing a spot on a team. Click Here for Event Information
4. You may apply for as many projects as you like.
Applying for multiple teams will increase the likelihood of matching successfully to a team. Each student will only receive one offer to join one project team. No students are guaranteed an offer.
5. For each project you wish to apply for, you will….
- Write one brief and concise paragraph. See example here
- Optional: Complete one online video-interview. Links are in the application, master list here
6. Student offer letters will be sent out between October 27th and December 9th.
Students will receive one offer only to join one project team. You will then have 7 days to accept or decline the role on your team. If you decline an offer, you will not receive another one.
How to Apply for an MDP Project